Media Consumptions
Newspapers
- Which daily newspapers do you read? I'm not really in to newspapers much but i like reading about really interesting things. I only read the newspaper maybe once in 2months, the newspaper i like to read is THE SUN, i think its a really interesting newspaper it tells you really interesting news it makes you want to read more and find out what else is happening in your area and your city. It keeps you updated with whats going on recently.
- what sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why? I turn to the sections which i think look really interesting something which i would like to read and know what is happening around my area. Also i would turn to the fashion section as i would want to know what the latest fashion trends are.
- what sections do you never read, and why? I'm not really a big fan of sports so i would most definitely not turn to that section also the section about politics and the government i always found that a bit boring.
- what kind of stories do you usually read and why? I enjoy reading the crime stories because i think they are quite interesting also it informs me about what is happening.
- do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read? Well none of my family reads the newspapers its only sometimes i would go and buy the newspaper and have a good look at what has been happening recently
Magazines
- what magazines do you buy regularly? why? I buy the teen magazines mostly because its all about the teenagers, this the my favorite section on a magazine i like to read, About gossip that is going on, also i like reading fashion sense as i like knowing about the latest dress codes and i also read the celebrity gossip as i'm into knowing what is going on around in the celebrity world because i think its quite interesting
- what sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?I dont read the sports section of a magazine as i'm not really a big fan. I mostly read the sections about the tv stars like what thing are going around and who is with who.
Television
- approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television? I'm not quite sure how many hours i spend on watching tv as i spend most my time doing my work now but it depends if im free or not because sometimes i'm not home but if i must say then around 50-55hours a week.
- what times of day do you usually watch television? i watch television mostly when i get back from school as i like to relax and watch a bit of TV also mostly at night with my family we sit and watch television together
- what programmes do you like best and why? I love Disney programmes i'm a big fan off them i mostly spend my hours watching Disney channel i think i find it really enjoyable and interesting, its also humorous, i also like watching Tracy beaker and Waterloo road these are mostly the TV programmes i really enjoy watching.
- do you watch alone or with others? I sometimes watch alone when nobody is home but most of the times i watch television with my family because i quite enjoy watching TV with them as we all watch the same programme together.
- if you watch with others, who decides what you will watch? well its mostly my dad sometimes i get to decide as well but we all like watching the same thing
Radio
- what stations do you like best, and why? i like listening to capitalFM and kiss100 because its previews different types of music and the latest music which i like listening to.
- approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to the radio? I approximatey spend about 4-5 hours listening to the radio per week as i dont really listen to it much because i spend most my time watching television.
- what times of the day do you usually listen to the radio? probably in the evening around night when im in my room doing my homework i like listening to music.
- what stations do you dislike most and why? I dislike listening to the opera stations i think it is really boring i actually fall asleep listening to it.
- where do you listen to the radio? i listen to the radio in my room and mostly when i'm in the car with my family we like listening to it.
- what other activities do you do whist listening to the radio? I clean up my room or either i'm doing my homework and i'm listening to the radio.
Cinema
- what films have you seen in the cinema in the last month? in the last month i have watched 'diary of a wimpy kid'schools out and 'TED'.
- what films have you seen in other places, e.g. television,channels? well i have watched a lot of movies on television , recently i have watched 'the smurfs', 'karate kid' and 'scream4' etc..
- who else watched the films with you? I mostly watch movies with my sister also i have watched these films with my family and friends at home.
- who decided what films to watch? Well in the cinema me and my friends both decide what to watch but at home me and my whole family decide what to watch together.
Internet
- how often do you access the internet? i access the internet every day mostly
- where do you access the internet? I access the internet at home on my laptop or sometimes in school to do my work.
- what are the main sites that you access? The main sites that i access are, you tube, Google, Facebook, and sometimes my blog to do my homework. I also log on to game sites when i'm bored.
- what are the main reasons for accessing these sites? i go to Facebook to chat and communicate with my friends, to listen to music and watch videos, to search up new things, to do my homework and sometimes to have a bit of fun by playing games.
- what other activities do you do whilst accessing the internet? I do online shopping whilst accessing the internet, i play games, i use Skype and windows live messenger.
WWW: A good account of your media consumption. I'm happy to see that you consume all media available in a variety of ways.
ReplyDeleteEBI: I'd like to see you using more media terminology that you are learning in lessons and using this to analyse your own consumption.
LR: Research Blumler and Katz’s Uses and Gratifications Theory and apply this theory to each media platform, identifying which use/gratification each platform fulfils for you.